Thursday, March 1, 2012

CLUBING!

Some of you might think I'll start this blog talking about hitting the clubs on the weekend, right? Nope, not that type of clubing. Although those can be the topic of a great blog, I have another type that has proved to be more rewarding...and no headache the next day. Can you guess where I'm going with this?

Tonight, I was invited to dinner with a great group of ladies (The Baton Rouge Book Club) for their monthly meeting. Ah...now you know what type of club I'm talking about. And let me tell you, it can be just as much fun! They read ALTERED for February, and then we all gathered together for some interesting conversations. Questions flowed just as freely as the good food and wine. For me, it was exciting to learn first hand what drove them to certain scenes and kept them wanting more. Social media is nice, but it doesn't get any better than face to face contact.

This is the second book club meeting I've been invited to share my work, and I have to admit, I'm hooked. To see the look on someone's face when they're talking about their favorite character is priceless. And I thought I was the only one who could be that animated!

So to all of my book CLUBING friends, whether I've met you personally, or you've contacted me online...THANK YOU!  You are the reason I write with a smile.  :)



The Baton Rouge Book Club: back row...Susan Menard, Mary Speranza, Ellen Manint, Kirbye Hollier, Jenny Anding, Tammy Joseph.
front row...Leah Shelton, Gina Zeringue, Laura Burks, Sarah Munn, and Lisa Lloyd
 

2 comments:

  1. From Book Town author Mark Glamack "Littluns"

    I know about animated Laura and I must say I know exactly where you're coming from. Looks like a great group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mark. Yes, they were a fun group. The reaction of their face when talking about certain scenes or characters was priceless.

    ReplyDelete